Friday 1 November 2013

My Picks for The Skinny's Northwest Food and Drink Survey (with GIFs)

As some of you may know, The Skinny Northwest is running their first ever food and drink survey this year. 

We're hoping that it will become something of an annual tradition, not quite as big as Christmas but bigger than National Bath Safety Month. What can I say, we're nothing if not dreamers.  

As the mag's food and drink editor I thought it best to lead by example/drum up votes in as un-cringeworthy fashion as possible. So, here are a few of my picks. With GIFs. Because everything is better with GIFs.

You can find the survey form here: www.tinyurl.com/foodsurveyNW and it'd be great if you could vote too, rather than just stare blankly at the screen. I know Russel Brand says it's not cool to vote but in opposite land it totally is. So, yeah.

Best Pub

The Gaslamp, because the beer selection, the staff, and the setting make me do this inside:



Best Local Brewery

Blackjack, because I like supporting the little guys:


Best Cafe

Caffeine & Co. because their coffee is as smooth as this pervert:


Best Newcomer

Some Place, because when I first walked in I wanted to do this to the owners:


Best Food/Drink Shop

Beer Moth, because their beer selection makes me go insane:


Best Place...When Hungover

Go Falafel, an unusual choice, I know, but they feed when I feel like this: 


Best When... In a Rush

Panchjo's, because, well, they'll feed you tasty things when time is of the essence:


Best Place...For a First Date

Berry & Rye, because it's the bar equivalent of doing this:


Well, that was fun wasn't it? And it's always good to end with a bit of Cage.

I hope that's given you some inspiration. Now, go vote! Or we're sending this woman to get you:


Only kidding!

Jamie  





4 comments:

  1. Cage is at his best when he has long flowing locks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that gif keeps me (Jamie) coming back for more. The handsome devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is my exact reaction to Beer Moth as well. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! glad to see the feeling is mutual. thanks fella.

      Delete